Urology Expert Forum
dripping out of penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

dripping out of penis

um for a couple of months now after i use the bathroom and shake my penis and put it away it seems to leak out some more urin by its self. And im really tired of it. If anybody can help me or tell me what it is and how to get rid of it thanks for ya'lls time
As males get older, often their prostates fail to open adequately to allow their urine to pass freely. This is usually seen in the 50 year and older age group. One of the cluster of symptoms that are associated with this is that of “post void dribbling.” This is exactly as you describe. It may improve with medications known as “alpha blockers” (Uroxatral, Flomax, Hytrin, Cardura).
On the other hand, a narrowing in  the urethra (stricture) can trap urine in the urethra behind this obstruction and cause this type symptom.
Your urologist can help you treat this.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.