Urology Community
dropped bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

dropped bladder

Can a dropped bladder cause lower abdominal pain and pain also in the mid/lower back area?  
     Thanks for writing in. A dropped bladder is nothing but a prolapsed bladder causing cystocele. The usual symptoms of cystocele are feeling of fullness or pressure in the pelvic region, frequent bladder infections, increased discomfort on coughing, sneezing, lifting or bending; a feeling that you have not completely emptied your bladder after urinating, stress incontinence etc.

I think it is UTI’s that are causing discomfort in the pelvic region with radiation to the back.I would suggest that you visit a urologist for proper evaluation and treatment of the infection.
Best.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other symptoms present? Cystocele or dropped bladder occurs when the wall between the bladder and the vagina weakens, causing the bladder to drop or sag into the vagina. In addition to discomfort, the resulting dropped bladder can cause two kinds of problems to occur, including the following: urine leakage and  incomplete emptying of the bladder. The dropped bladder stretches the opening into the urethra, and urine may leak when any action that causes pressure on the bladder, such as coughing occurs. It would be best to have your abdominal pain evaluated by your doctor to rule out other causes. A complete physical examination and some tests may be done to determine the underlying cause.

Take care and regards.
I've been evaluated by so many and so many tests that I grasping at straws.  I'm told it's IBS but I just don't think so. It's been going on so long since 2002.  I don't get rid of all the urine. and wearing a back support over lapping in the tummy helps.  Walking or standing makes worse.  IBs meds just don't help.  

Know I've had major adhesions in 93, and 95 from C sections.  No one is considering a prolapsed bladder but it makes sence to me.