Urology Community
duplicated kidney

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

duplicated kidney

I was told that I had a duplicted kidney on the right side.  The urologist wants to remove the duplicted kidneys, leaving me with a good kidney on the left side.  I had no problems until 5 years ago.  I have been in the hospital twice in the last 6 months.  I did not have the same urologist the second time I went to the hospital and when a ct scan was done there was no mention of a duplicated kidney.  A stint was inserted and I was ok for about 6 months.  I recently had another issue and now the first urologist wants to remove the duplicated kidney.  My question is why did the duplicated kidney not show up on the ct scan?