Urology Expert Forum
epididymal cyst

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

epididymal cyst

Hello!
I'm From Europe so sorry if I'll have some grammar mistakes :)
Last week i went to ultrasound and the doctor said i have about 9 mm long cyst in the tail of right epididymis (he wasn't sure if it's a spermatocele or just a regular cyst). So now, after one week later, it's kinda bigger (maybe for max. 2 mm bigger). What causes it to get bigger?  
But few days ago, I found the same lump on the left testicle (I guess it's the same cyst, because it's the same size as the right cyst and it's on the same position - on the tale of epididymis). And yesterday i found another lump on the right testicle! It looks like it's on the other side of the epididymis (on the head of epididymis, but it's smaller then other two). Is it normal to have more cysts at the same time? Or is it something more serious? I'm 23 years old.  
Thanks for posting your query.

The lumps that you have noticed may be epididymal cysts which are harmless, bilateral, multiple cysts in the head of epididymis. As they are cystic and fluid filled they are well defined, fluctuant and will transilluminate.

They are better not removed and only when the cysts are causing discomfort and are enlarging in size, they need to be removed by surgery or by sclerotherapy. You can consult a urologist and get an ultrasound scrotum done to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.