excess mucus
I have had an excess of (snot-like) mucus in my urine and discharge. I have never had any problems before (UTI, kidney stones, etc). I do not have any pain or odor. It started about 3 to 4 months after my daughter was born. I assumed that I had this mucus in place of my menstrual cycle because I breastfeed. However, it has continued even though my cycle has returned (irregularly for 5 months). The mucus appears constantly (not just a week long like my cycle). How much mucus is too much? What is the importance and/or cause of mucus in urine (and discharge)? Thanks!

Is the mucus from the vagina or from the urethra?

Vaginal discharge can be indicative of several causes, including infections, irritations, new growth, ovulation, etc.
Urethral discharge can be due to infection in the urinary tract, cystitis, calculi, etc.

You will need to identify the source of the discharge and based on this will have to consult a urologist or a ob/gyn.

Meanwhile,
keep fluid intake over 2000 ml per day.
maintain hygiene,
avoid unprotected intercourse, and
add citrus fruits and juices to your diet.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
Could you tell how to differentiate between the mucus from the vagina or from the urethra?
I have the same very thick snot like discharge with no odor but mostly yellowish or light green in color though I am not married nor had any contact before and I am having that discharge since I was 13, I am now 24. Is that normal? I am having a problem consulting a physicist so kindly tell me what I should do for this has been a source of worry to me for long :(