Urology Expert Forum
excessive morning urination??
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

excessive morning urination??

I hope you can at least point me in the right direction.  For quite some time I have had what seems to be an unusual urinary pattern.  While I am not really getting up to urinate at night, I am often at least aware of a full bladder during the early morning hours, and when I finally get up to pee between 5-6 AM usually, it seems there is an excessive volume -- I have measured it and it is as much as a full liter (occasionally even more).  Two to three hours later, especially after going back to sleep, I again pee a large volume, although not quite so large.  For the rest of the day, my urination seems normal.

Is this is just normal and I shouldn't worry about it?  Or if not, what could it be?  In May when it was last checked, my fasting blood sugar was 110, obviously short of diabetic range, and since then just to be on the safe side I have been on a strict low glycemic diet and lost 20 lbs.  But the pattern remains the same.  My urine glucose was negative also at that time, although it was checked midmorning not first thing or after eating.  In terms of kidney function, that too was checked in May and my creatinine was normal at 1.1.  I have had a little bit of hematuria and microalbuminia for a couple of years but I don't know that they would explain anything.

My only other theory at this point is that I am very anxious and have terrible nightmares and that perhaps there is some hormonal thing going on related to that resulting in stimulating the urinary tract, but I have not seen anything corroborating that possibility.  Thanks for any insight you can offer.