Urology Community
foamy urine with heavy sediment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

foamy urine with heavy sediment

Hello, it's kind of gross how we found out, but we are working on a house to move into it and right now it has no running water. So my husband has been peeing into empty water bottles so that we can dispose of them at our apartment. While we were working today we both noticed that the urine in his bottle was extremely cloudy and foamy. It looked like the color of grapefruit juice. After about 6 hours it had settled to about a fifth of the bottle being pinkish sediment. I asked him if it is always like that and he said yes. He also said that he isn't in any pain, or discomfort including during urination. This just doesn't seem normal to me. Mine is never like that even when I get UTI's or Kidney infections or stones. I was just wondering what this might be. It's hard for me to get him to go to the doctor's, so I thought, if I had something specific to present to him, he might go to our doctor. Thank you for your time.
Tags: urine, cloudy, sediment, heavy, husband
Avatar dr f tn

I suggest that your husband see a urologist for a complete assessment.Since he has noted that this change in urine character has been present prior to this incident then one can rule out the possibility of the urine being contaminated by the bottles. A urinalysis will be able to help ascertain what could have caused this.

Just a few questions:

Previous history of trauma to the area?

Any underlying systemic disease like diabetes or hypertension?

Tell your husband that seeing a doctor is necessary at this point to rule out any infection as well as blood or protein in the urine.A cloudy and foamy urine may suggest an infection.In your husband's case however,he voided in a nonsterile bottle which may affect the character of the urine.An objective analysis is needed. So you need a physician to request for appropriate testing.