Urology Community
foley catheter care

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

foley catheter care

If a ballon on the catheter loses its water or is removed, is it acceptable to replace with tap water?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If the water from the catheter escapes or is lost then you should get it replaced with distilled water and not tap water as there is always a risk of infection with tap water if the water escapes.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.