foul smelling urine
My husband has been having really foul smelling urine for a few weeks now, it smells like sulfur and is quite strong. There are times when I enter the bathroom a half an hour after he went and I can still smell it. He says he feels fine, and does not have any other symptoms. Has anyone had a similar problem or know what this might be??
hi. i have exactly the same problem. I did all tests including lab, ultrasonds etc but nothing was found. Some say it can be some kind infection.

I dont know
I had the same problems for years.  It was only in the morning.  I took lab test, after lab test.  Finally, I was sent to a uroligist.  I explained my problem to him, and he instantly knew the problem.  When most people sleep at night, they release a chemical from their brain that keeps them from obsorbing the urine back in there body overnight.  I stopped releasing the chemical (I have fibromyalga, so I don't really hit deep sleep)but it happens for differnet reasons for different people, so when I urinated in the morning, it was mostly the bacteria that is normally in urine that wasn't diluted.  He put me on Mandelamine with vitamin c every night and the problem stopped immediatly.  It is kind of like a lysol for your bladder.

I really hope this original post isn't so old that you don't see it but I really need some further details regarding your comment on this post. I too have sulphurous smelling urine as well as fibromyalgia. I only sleep 3 to 4 hours nightly and this is poor quality sleep. Since reading this comment I can definitely see there is a pattern between the amount and/or quality of sleep I get and the stench (sorry, that's the only way of describing it!) of my urine. Do you happen to know what the name of this symptom/condition is so that I may peruse it with my own doctor? And do you happen to know any further details on what causes this smell exactly? Thanks so much for your help :-)