Urology Community
frequent dribble after peeing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

frequent dribble after peeing

For years now, I have had dribbling after peeing.  I always wipe with a piece of tissue because I expect (and get) the dribble after the last push.  it's not a lot of fluid but still bothersome.  My underpants get wet oftern because I can't push tghe l;ast of the dribble out; it comes out on its own after I think I've gotten it all by wiping.  Please help.

Note: I'm on Prozac for over 10 years as well.
Avatar dr m tn
Most of the men have this symptom of urine dripping after urinating. The male urethra, which is about 15-20 cm long, is not a straight tube. If a little urine collects in the upper curve, it might not come out while you are urinating and then drip out afterwards. In that case milking the urethra can help in emptying the bladder.

Also exercises strengthening the muscles around the place where the urine pools (pelvic floor muscles) helps the urethra to empty more efficiently and avoids after-dribble. If the symptoms persist then prostatic causes and obstruction to the flow of urine like warts in the urethra need to be ruled out.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.