Urology Community
frequent sensation to urinate
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

frequent sensation to urinate

Hi, i am 16 years old i was prescribed steroids (tablets) for my inflamed eczema, since then i have been having a frequent almost constant urge to urinate, it feels like i am not emptying my bladder and around 10mins after urinating i need to go again, the urine stream seems weaker than normal. i have been for a blood test and been told it was all clear also i have no infection in the urine. also a few months ago i was told i suffer from anxiety I'm not sure if this is the problem, also i masturbate regularly if this has any affect?. there is no burning when urination. not sexually active.
PLEASE HELP !
Related Discussions
Hello,

Your symptom is called polyuria (excessive frequency of voiding). It can be due to many reasons which can be physiological or disease-related, and include excessive intake of liquids, diuretic substances (including tea, caffeine, alcohol, certain drugs), anxiety, exposure to cold, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus (central or nephrogenic), urinary tract infections or obstruction, etc to name a few more common ones. Steroids prescribed in eczema does not cause polyuria.

I suggest you to take opinion of your doctor who would do a clinical examination and advice for needful tests (such as routine urinanalysis, blood glucose test, blood & urinary osmolalities, ultrasonography of renal system, etc). Accordingly you might need to take measures such as control of excessive liquid intake, reduction in diuretic substances/drugs, treatment of any infection (with short-course antibiotics), removal of any urinary tract obstruction, treatment of diabetes, etc.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank