Urology Community
frequent urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

frequent urination

About a month ago I started to develop some pain in my left testicle. I went to see my family doctor and he ordered an ultrasound which came back normal. He put me on antibiotics (cipro) for 10days saying I had epididmytis. For the most part the pain has went away, with some minor pain on occassion. After taking the anti-biotics (about 2 weeks ago now) I had a few days of lots of self enduced stress because I started thinking about some problems I had in college. In college I had two separate occurances of blood in my urine. I went through lots of testing (two cystoscopies, one under anesthesia) and both were normal. Eventually my symptoms had cleared up and the urologists I saw said there were no issues. So when this stress started up 2 weeks ago I started feeling this urge to urinate often and I was going to the bathroom on average 1 time an hour for about 3 or 4 days. I went to see my family doctor at this point and he ran some blood tests for me to help calm my nerves. Everything came back normal (kidney and liver functions). He, like myself assumed a lot of my issues were just nerves. After the 3 or 4 days had went by I started to get back on track and felt normal again. I did follow up with a urologist last week in regards to the testicle pain. He examined me and seemed to think I was fine and just needed some time. Now again, for the past 3 days I have felt this urge to urinate frequently. This started after I saw the urologist. I am not sure if it is just me stressing out over nothing or if I may have something else wrong. I did not mention the frequent urination to my urologist as my symptoms had cleared up for over a week and I just assumed maybe it was stress enduced. Should I be concerned?
Thanks for writing to the forum!

You are very stressed out. If you do not have any other symptoms, get a urine culture done to alleviate your fears. Everything will be fine.
Do let me know if there is any thing else you want to know and please keep me posted. Take care!

Thanks for responding. And yes, I am very stressed out.  I did fail to mention that I am a 28-yr old male. I have had a urine culture (was ordered along with the blood work) and it was normal.
I am still experiencing the urge to urniate often. This only occurs during the day time and does not seem to happen everyday. It seems to be an off and on thing, where some days I am perfectly fine. I will admit this has been on my mind a lot and that I could very well be the route of my own problems. It seems like I go to bed and wake up with this on my mind and then dwell on it during the day. Is it possible that stress alone could be causing these issues? I feel like if there were any problems that I would be waking up at night also...