Aa
A
A
Close
group b strep treatment and symptoms getting worse
I've been struggling with GBS UTI for a month now.  Was first given Nitrofuratoin (which was working) but had a reaction to, so I quit.  Went to the OBGYN and they did a culture (GBS) and gave me ampicillin.  My symptoms didn't seem to get better so I waited a few days and went back to Urgent Care on Easter.  They gave me Cipro (didn't know at the time I had GBS).  After a few days called OBGYN and they told me that would work because my UTI was GBS so they prescribed me amox-clav.  After a few days of worsening symptoms nobody knows what to do because (due to being on antibiotics) nothing showed on the tests 2 days after previous one showing I had GBS.  Last night was given one more med which doctor figured wouldn't work and it didn't, now having to wait two more days to see a Urologists...Wondering what the heck is going on.  Am I just resistant to everything?  I know over a year ago an X-ray showed a kidney stone that wasn't on its way out, but I also now what was showing up on my culture.  If it is a kidney stone, will it keep UTI from going away?  At this point, I'm very scared and worried that no one can help me.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Cannot get rid of this stupid GBS uti anthobiotics does not work always in pain  and lots of urgency help somebody I been dealing with this for four years now I took a lot of anthobiotics I took them all I'm so desperate right now I would try anything this is no fun I have n more life no sx life I'm 56 year could this be a hormone imbalance??? Help
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources