Urology Expert Forum
growths on penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

growths on penis

i am female and my partner for the last 6 months has two large (maybe a centimeter in diameter) fleshy growths on his penis (closer to the head than the base, but not near each other).  they are flesh colored, soft, painless, and irregular in shape.  they do not seem to have grown or changed at all since i have known him.  he says he has had them for a long time, and that he has been checked out by several doctors who say they are nothing to worry about, but could be removed if he wanted.  i never had any reason to think he was not telling me the truth.  but today for the first time he described them as benign lesions, supposedly caused by "fatty deposits" .  could they be genital warts?  my concern is that even if it is true they are benign and nothing to worry about for him, it may not necessarily mean they aren't hpv-related, which could expose me potentially to the virus and cervical cancer.  (i have always tested negative for hpv).  i know that men cannot be tested currently for hpv, but i wonder if you can make an educated guess from my description whether i should be concerned.