Urology Community
hanging skin from hydrocele

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

hanging skin from hydrocele

just wondering if loose skin will ever tighten back up to its original state
Tags: hydrocele, hanging, Skin
Avatar n tn
You haven't mentioned your age.   For men who are 40+, the satchel holding the testicles looses its strength of holding it and starts hanging which is very normal.   You can equate this physical change similar to how the breasts for women looses and hangs after they cross some age.

Don't worry much.
Avatar dr m tn
For the hanging skin in hydrocele, you can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

But the definitive treatment of hydrocele is surgery and surgical drainage of the hydrocele.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I'm in my later 40's, 47 and donot have that problem. In my case it seems to be backwards. While I was younger, my scrotum used to be much looser than it is now. The only reason that I can think off, was loosing my left testicle in 2000.
Now when I'm cold the scrotum shrivles up and it looks like I have no testicles at all.

I have had some males stare at me while I was getting dressed in a swimming pool's dressing room. It did bother me a bit, but no longer care too much if people want to stare.
Currently I have a suprapubic catheter and would love to go swimming again, something I have not done since 2008. I'm afraid of getting an infection of urinary tract or at the stoma. Even though the stoma was created in late 2008, I still experience some bleeding at times.

All the best,

Ron