Urology Community
hard to urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

hard to urinate

I am 44 year old female. I had a hysterctomy (partial, one ovory. ) Had cycist and endometriosis. 8 weeks ago and for the last 5 1/2 weeks I have had a hard time urinating. I always feel like I have to go but when I do I have to push or strain to pee and it is only a little. I was leaking since the surgery, but the doctor put me on a drug to stop bladder spasms and I don't leak, but he says there is nothing else wrong. I know there is because the pain is as bad as it was prior to surgery. There is a lot of pressure and discomfort. I have been checked last week for urinary infection, none. Also doctor had me self catherize myself and I could only get a small amount out and a few minutes later I set down and could pee a little more. Help Thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You may consult with a urologist regarding your condition.

Straining during urination is not normal and requires further assessment. If present with a decrease in urine flow and dribbling of urine, this may suggest an obstruction in the urinary tract most likely the bladder. A history of prior surgery is significant. Discuss this with a urologist for further assessment.

Keep us posted.