Urology Community
hard vein in penis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hard vein in penis

Mostly noticed during an erection, about 1/4 down my penis under the skin, feels like a rock hard vein that is about an inch in length.
I have never noticed this before, and if you run your finger over it , it feels very hard in the width of a vein.
Not painful, just concerning.
Any idea of why this may have happened? I am 44 years old also if that is relevant.
Thanks
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
One possibility for your symptoms can be Mondor’s disease. Superficial thrombophlebitis of the penis (an uncommon disease known as Mondor's disease). This is an inflammatory reaction to a clot within the vein. This subsequently causes blockages and dilation of the vein. It is typically painless, but can be painful. In studies, patients were noted to have thrombophlebitis after a prolonged sexual act with or without intercourse. It was described as cord-like thickening of the superficial penile veins.
Diagnosis is via ultrasound which shows blockage of the vessels. Treatment is with anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. aspirin or ibuprofen) and most resolve within 4-6 weeks. If it persists, then surgery may be necessary. I think you should consult a urologist. There’s no evidence of any long term problem with this disease.
I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...