Urology Community
hard vein in penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

hard vein in penis

Mostly noticed during an erection, about 1/4 down my penis under the skin, feels like a rock hard vein that is about an inch in length.
I have never noticed this before, and if you run your finger over it , it feels very hard in the width of a vein.
Not painful, just concerning.
Any idea of why this may have happened? I am 44 years old also if that is relevant.
One possibility for your symptoms can be Mondor’s disease. Superficial thrombophlebitis of the penis (an uncommon disease known as Mondor's disease). This is an inflammatory reaction to a clot within the vein. This subsequently causes blockages and dilation of the vein. It is typically painless, but can be painful. In studies, patients were noted to have thrombophlebitis after a prolonged sexual act with or without intercourse. It was described as cord-like thickening of the superficial penile veins.
Diagnosis is via ultrasound which shows blockage of the vessels. Treatment is with anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. aspirin or ibuprofen) and most resolve within 4-6 weeks. If it persists, then surgery may be necessary. I think you should consult a urologist. There’s no evidence of any long term problem with this disease.
I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind regards.

Not painful, just concerning.
Any idea of why this may have happened? I am 26 years old also .plz give any suggestion for this . what shall I do...