high creatinine level
I had stone (about 10 mm) in my left ureter. ESWL was done and after that some stone particles were passed through the urine on the same day.  Before the ESWL my serem creatinine level was found 1.7.  After 3 days of ESWL treatment i got it done again and found it to be 1.8. It has also reached a level of 2 in between and then went back to 1.7. After 9-10 days a good number of stone fragments passed throgh the urine and the X-ray shows the complete clearance of stones. I want to know that whether the increased level of creatinine is due to stones or there is the damage to kidney due to some other reasons. Please tell me the chances of my creatinine level to come to normal after complete removal of the stones. The ultra sound and IVP test shows no damage to kidney. please suggest.
   How are you? Creatinine is a breakdown product of creatine, which inturn is an important molecule of the muscle. Normally it is the function of the kidney to eliminate excess creatinine from our body and maintain the normal levels. Normal value for creatinine is upto 1.2mg/dl.  When renal function is hampered by infections, stones and renal failure these parameters raise.

As your history suggests that you were suffering from ureteric colic, due to which there might have been urinary tract obstruction and mild renal functional derangement. Now that the obstruction is cleared, kidney will resume it's normal function.

To prevent recurrence of stones in the urinary tract it is necessary to make some life style changes like adequate hydration, decrease in fats and calcium in the diet etc. Along with these regular follow up of the reports and consultation with urologist is necessary.

All the best.

Hello Doctor, now my creatinine is back to normal after slight increase according to the doctor. the doctor prescribed me a medicine to lower my creatinine level. does it mean my bp is stable now? and nothing to worry?

and what should I avoid foods to keep lowering my creatinine?
should i drink lots of water?

Pls asnwer me thank you.