Urology Community
holding urine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

holding urine

Ive been holding and waiting to to go pee about and hour or two after the first urge to go for the last 3 days and it's driving me insane. I get nervous before I have to go and I think Ive been doing it so much that it's weakening my bladder.I'm not to traumatized, so I think. Can anyone give ideas of different kinds of remedies to help me pee like a normal person.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1280088_tn?1335916468
hi, Holding  pee is not good . It can create many problem to you like lung problem. If you think that you are going more that means you are drinking  more liquid like water,juices etc. Going pee never make your bladder weak or something . It is good for you after peeing see how relax light you can feel .  
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
I went in for an ultrasound once and my doctor commented on how much urine was in my bladder and warned me that I shouldn't let my bladder hold too much before going to the loo.  He said that holding it too long and too often will make you have to fight incontinence later in life; something about the bladder getting used to being too full and getting all stretched out and flabby, which would lead to future problems.  He told me to use a timer and set it and deliberately go the loo once an hour, to prevent this.  So peeing a lot, instead of weakening the bladder, apparently strengthens it and helps it contract back to its normal size and good muscle tone.  

Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank