Urology Community
hole in urethra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

hole in urethra

I've suffered bladder infection recently which lead to sudden urgent need to urinate. I pinched off my penis to avoid an accident and got a sharp pain there and ever since my urine does not come out normally, it seems to go inside my penis before coming out at a trickle and is very painful. There was a little red blood after the first time this happened and a lot of pain so I went to the hospital and they gave me pain pills and antibiotics then told me it should heal on its own. It's been over a week and urination is still very painful and doesn't come out normally. Will this actually heal on its own? I fear that urinating will prevent the hole in my urethra from closing up and I might suffer permanent damage, but I fear the thought of surgery to repair it also. What should I do?