how much bleeding is normal after kidney stone remova?
I had a 5mm kidney stone removed 2 days ago by ureteroscopy wit laser and basket removal, and a stent placed. I was just wondering how much blood is normal during urination. It seems that I am bleeding more. My urine looks almost like it is mostly blood, instead of just pink-tinged that I had been told it would be.  Is this normal?
Also, after urination I have paion in my bladder and in the location of the stent.
Hi, I've had many, many stents and yes all the above is normal and more. You will also see alot of blood clots most times. Give it about 5 days to a week and you should feel much better. I don't think you are drinking enough water. Increase your water and you will see the urine turn to a pinkish color. Best...Cara
Me too.  I've had 7 surgeries for kidney stone with the most recent 4 days ago.  I'm bleeding heavy on and off depending upon water intake and activity level.  Just take it easy and drink lots of water.  I get stent out Monday!