how serious is exophytic cortical cyst
how serious is exophytic cortical cyst... im very worried, i have a large 6.4 x 5 cm exophytic cortical cyst at my right kidney.pls help me..
Hi there...

Renal cysts are classified into simple and complex cysts. Simple cysts appear in the kidneys with increasing age and are usually harmless, unless they grow in size to the extent that can compress and damage normal kidney tissue.
Complications associated with simple cysts arise due to rupture of the cyst and resultant hemorrhage.

Exophytic means 'to grow out of' and can be seen as a feature of certain renal tumors. This can present even in benign and noncancerous tumors.

Cortical refers to the area that is known as the cortex of the kidney. Cysts usually arise from the cortex of the kidney.

The title that you have put for this post is just a description of the cyst and not a definitive diagnosis of the cyst. Intervention will be decided based on a complete evaluation of all aspects of the cyst and associated kidney and general changes.

I hope this helps you. Good luck my friend.

LMNO
Did your doctor mention if the cyst was 'simple' or 'complex'... and if so, did he mention where they fall on the Bosniak-Chart?