is this considered to be undescended or retractile and what would your opinion be
My son was said to have an undescended testicle at birth. However at his first doctors visit after being released from the hospital the Dr. was able to pull it down into the scrotum. The Dr. has been capable of doing so until this past visit (5yr check- up). I would like to know if this would be considered a case of undescended testes or retractile testicle. If anyone can offer me an answer to this it would be very much appreciated. The Dr recommended to se a urologist and the urologist recommends surgery even though he was able to pull it down into the sack. I on the other hand think that if it is a case of undescended testicle than the has got to be a safer, non-invasive method to try first before jumping into surgery. If you can recommend alternative treatments I also would be grateful. I have read that hormone treatments should be given a chance and also that some homeopathic meds such asArum met .30 could even keep the child in a relaxed state keeping the testicle in the scrotum and after a few weeks it could stay there with out the meds.
Thank you to anyone who can offer me any suggestions and insight on this matter