Urology Community
itchy, smelly, testicles with crust on hair. HELP!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

i've noticed a change in my scrotum in the last six months.  first sign was my testicles started itching.  i'm 30 years old and very clean.  i've never in my life had itchy balls.  no big deal but then i noticed that the hairs on the underside of my sack were lighter then on top.  as a few weeks went by i watched the area wondering if i had an std.  i've been married for 11 years and was pretty certain it wasn't but i wasn't ruling out yeast infection or other things a man might could get.  the area of the now "crusty" hairs had spread and scratching myself was now a regular neccesity.  i tried to research online and avoid the doctor, but have not found much.  i tried shaving the area and kept clean but when the hairs grew back, the already have the crust on them.  also the area sweats way more than used to, and has a musty smell to it.  it's really affecting me as i don't want my wife to find out, and she's referencing to my constant scratching.  fungus,  Piedra and Trichomycosis axillaris are what i've ran into from internet blogs but no one has a cure.  is this what i have?  and how do i get rid of it?  is it permenent?  please help me!!!!!!!  once again,  yellowish crusty hairs on bottom of scrotum,  itching, very noticable after a shower, smells bad, seems to want to spread but stays confinded to bottom of my sack.  
Hello bruce424,

It seems that you are having fungal infection. The yellow crusty material would be the evidence of that. Have you taken any medication in the past to treat the same. I suggest that you need to consult a dermatologist to understand the details of the infection better.

Best
no i haven't taken any meds in the past for this.  are fungal infections cureable with drugs?  is there an over the counter fix?
sounds like the funk got you
i have the same type of problem. I have had multiple wring worm from wrestling and i use topical medicines such as: over the counter aintifungal cream that is called clotrimazole. Or i got small sample tubes from the doctor called Naftifine hcl 1% gel. Works good on the stuff in my scalp and or skin infection.
Hey Bruce! I just wanted you to know that I had the same condition under my arms. I read that cloves are a powerful antifungal antiviral etc. agent and that I started to use ground cloves ( you can buy them at any grocery store )added a little water, made a paste and use it under my arms. After a couple of days the condition alleviated itself. I do have to warn you that the cloves do have a kick to them and it will start to feel Very warm but it subsides after a short while. I wish you the best
That's what it is man. Not a fungus or dried up sperm or yeast. It is a relatively common bacterial infection called Trichomycosis pubis and is called "white or black piedra".  Benzoyl peroxide and at least 2 showers a day along with antiperspirant in the pubic area on really humid days. If its heavy, just shave it and start with above mentioned regimen. Unfortunately this is a very aggressive infection that is next to impossible to completely eliminate but can be managed with this regimen.