Urology Community
itchy testicles and anus, no rash though

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

My testicles, scrotum, and anus itch, but I do not have a rash. I initially thought it was jock itch until i looked at pictures online and read that jock itch comes with a scaley rash. There is no rash anywhere, and my testicles and everything in the area looks completely normal, and it looks completely fine. The only problem is I'm itching. Can anybody tell me anything?

These can often be due to eczema, allergic reactions, dermatitis, erythrasma or intertrigo.

Jock itch, known scientifically as tinea cruris is a fungal infection that affects the skin folds in the groin or pubic region. It is uncomfortable, can be itchy, and usually presents as a red rash. It is more likely to occur in men , and is usually the result of exposure to and growth of the fungus Trichophyton rubrum. It may occur with more frequency if a person has excessive sweating in the groin region and does not wear moisture wicking clothing.

Standard treatment to get rid of jock itch is to apply cream, ointment or powder containing an antifungal agent, like miconazole or clotrimazole. These can often be purchased over the counter, though occasionally a higher dosage of an antifungal treatment needs to be prescribed. On rare occasions the condition is so severe that it needs to be treated with an oral antifungal medication. This is uncommon, and most people notice the discomfort of jock itch long before it reaches an advanced stage.
If you are trying to get rid of jock itch and have never had it before, it is important to have it diagnosed by a medical professional.

There are other skin conditions that can be similar. Intertrigo can also cause rash in the groin folds, and erythrasma is a bacterial infection that may mimic tinea cruris. Both of these conditions can be misdiagnosed, especially by laypersons, as jock itch, but they require very different treatments. Using antifungals to get rid of jock itch that is really erythrasma is a huge mistake, since it can exacerbate the problem.

Once you have been given a definite diagnosis you’ll generally get rid of jock itch by applying an antifungal cream twice daily to the affected area. It is also very important to keep this area cool. Change underwear a few times a day if you work in hot or sweaty conditions, and wear breathable and loosely fitting clothing. Cotton cloth is a good choice.

When you shower, you should be certain that the affected area is fully dry prior to putting on clothing. You should pat rather than rub the area dry, so as not to make itching worse. You can even use a fan, or a blow dryer on a cool setting to dry the area first prior to getting dressed.

If you get frequent outbreaks, you can use an antifungal cream or powder, or even corn starch or baby powder, once a day, to get rid of jock itch more permanently. You should also follow the above suggestions for keeping the skin as cool and dry as possible, and for clothing choices.

Regards.
HI WHAT U SAYING NOT CORESPONDING WITH WHAT THE DROO IS SAY I'VE GOT DA SAME PROBLEM HE HAS N ALL DA DOCTORS KEEP ON TELLING ME JOCK ITCHING BT ITS NOT
HEY GUYS I KNOW SOMETHING THAT HELPS STOP THE INSANE ITCHING !!  Yah I have the insane itching too for at least the last 14 years.  In the last year it has gotten MUCH worse ( maybe because I packed on about 35 pounds...I don't know ).  Anyway I have not found a "cure" but I did find something that takes away about 95 % of the insane itch.  No I am not a salesman for this product.  Get yourself down to Walmart ( that's where I found it any way ) and go to the cosmetics section and get find a little yellow bottle with a cartoon drawing of a monkey on it.  The stuff is call "Anti Monkey Butt" and it has given me relief from the maddening itch.  No this is not a joke.