kidney stent removal
I had a kidney stone lodged in my urinary track and they did surgery with a laser and inserted a stent it caused me such pain after a week the doctor attempted to remove it and it was stuck so he left it in and the following day he did another surgery to remove it he said my bladder needs a mesh sling ...my question is it has been a lil over 3 weeks and i am still having major sharp pains then when i urinate there is pink blood clots in my pee is this normal or should i go back and be checked please help and thank you
Hi there!

While some amount of pain/ discomfort and blood in urine may be normal following a stent insertion/ removal; if excessive and not improving over the weeks, it may need a review with the treating urologist to rule out injuries/ trauma, infections, excessive inflammation and for appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!