Urology Community
kidney stents

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

kidney stents

i had operation a month ago to have kidney stone removed and had a stent put in going from kidney to bladder and i was told that i would have to have it removed in 7-10 days but have not heard anything ive phoned the hospital and they said as soon as they have had confirmation that i had the op done they will make me an appointment to it removed but its been a month now i need to know if weather the stent could stop you having your periods cause im late and im not usally late my husband had a vesectomy (vasectomy) so i know im not pregnant so if there is anyone out there who could answer my question it would be lovely thanks
Tags: stents
    How are you? Having a stent in the ureter is no way concerned with the delay of periods. I feel,  you underwent the surgery for kidney stone so that could have caused some stress, due to which there is some delay in your periods.
What is your age? Do you get periods regularly? If you are above 40yrs then you could have entered menopause, but before having menopause there could be some irregularities in bleeding.
Don't worry, wait for 1-2 weeks if you don't get periods, then get an ultrasound done and visit a gynaecologist.
Take care.