Urology Community
kidney stone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

kidney stone

if kidney stone is 7.7mm then what will happen?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Method of treatment of kidney stones depends on the size of stone.  A 4 mm stone has an 80% chance of passage spontaneously in the urinary tract while a 5 mm stone has a 20% chance. a stone of 7.7 mm needs other methods of kidney stone treatment. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and seeking treatment depending on the size of the stone. If the size of the stone is small, it’s usually treated with ESWL in which shock waves are given from outside and stone breaks into small pieces. On the other hand, if the stone is quite big, then the surgical removal of the stone is a better option. Please do continue to drink lots of water for it does facilitate at least in preventing the formation of new stones if not the flushing out of the present stones.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

• HELP (2 replies):
    okay. so this has been going on for nine months now off ...[more]
  • 11mm stone in mid ureter (1 replies):
    There is a1.1cm calculus seen in right mid ureter. there...[more]
  • Kidney stone (2 replies):
    I am suffering from the formation of kidney stoone frequ...[more]
  • kidney stone (1 replies):
    hi, i have a question? I have a kidney stone laying on m...[more]
  • Help? (2 replies):
    I am a seventeen years old female, the past 6 months I'v...[more]
Avatar_dr_m_tn