Urology Community
kidney stone
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

kidney stone

if kidney stone is 7.7mm then what will happen?
Blank
Avatar dr m tn
Hello,
Method of treatment of kidney stones depends on the size of stone.  A 4 mm stone has an 80% chance of passage spontaneously in the urinary tract while a 5 mm stone has a 20% chance. a stone of 7.7 mm needs other methods of kidney stone treatment. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and seeking treatment depending on the size of the stone. If the size of the stone is small, it’s usually treated with ESWL in which shock waves are given from outside and stone breaks into small pieces. On the other hand, if the stone is quite big, then the surgical removal of the stone is a better option. Please do continue to drink lots of water for it does facilitate at least in preventing the formation of new stones if not the flushing out of the present stones.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.




Related Discussions
  • kiddney stones (1 replies):
    I just underwent 3 procedures for a 6mm stone in my l...[more]
  • ss (1 replies):
    hello i am sudhakar i can problem in 5mm calculus in rig...[more]
  • kidney stone (1 replies):
    hi, i have a question? I have a kidney stone laying on m...[more]
  • Kidney stone (2 replies):
    I am suffering from the formation of kidney stoone frequ...[more]
  • HELP (2 replies):
    okay. so this has been going on for nine months now off ...[more]
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Avatar dr m tn
Hello,
Method of treatment of kidney stones depends on the size of stone.  A 4 mm stone has an 80% chance of passage spontaneously in the urinary tract while a 5 mm stone has a 20% chance. a stone of 7.7 mm needs other methods of kidney stone treatment. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and seeking treatment depending on the size of the stone. If the size of the stone is small, it’s usually treated with ESWL in which shock waves are given from outside and stone breaks into small pieces. On the other hand, if the stone is quite big, then the surgical removal of the stone is a better option. Please do continue to drink lots of water for it does facilitate at least in preventing the formation of new stones if not the flushing out of the present stones.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.




Blank
Avatar f tn
I have had two severe episodes of pain like a knife stabbing me in the back the first struck me on Friday evening the second 2 days later (Monday) morning Friday they did a ct scan on my right side gave me morphine next thing they woke me up telling me that everything looked fine I was diagnosed with flank pain when it hit again on Monday I went back an the doctor that seen me then asked me if they told me I had kidney stones I told her no I have not had another episode since Monday but now I still have pain on my right side should I go back to the doctor to see if I have already passed them because I haven't experienced any pain when I go to the bathroom but I still have pain on my right side they didn't even tell me how big they are I'm concerned they may be blockage from the stones
Blank
Avatar m tn
How dangerous is a 9.9 non obstructive in the hilum.
Blank
Avatar m tn
How dangerous is a 9.9 non obstructive in the hilum.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543 tn?1443740527
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Blank
YardBull
Southwest , MI