Urology Community
kidney stone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

kidney stone

2 months ago I discovered that I have a kidney stone.  It is 1.5 cm in size and obviously will not pass.  The stone remains in my kidney.  That same day I had a stent put in to keep the stone from blocking the urether.  About a month ago I had lithotripsy done, but it was not successful.  The doctors don't feel that other sessions will help. I have had to go in and out of the hospital for infection.  The stent causes me alot of pain most of the time, especially when I walk.  I am still waiting to find out what will happen next.  The hospital where I am is not equiped to perform any procedures, or surgeries on a kidney stone, so I have to travel at least 6 hours away.  I am getting VERY frustrated at how long it's taking for anyone to do anything about this!!  What can I expect the next step to be??