Urology Community
kidney stone
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

kidney stone

2 months ago I discovered that I have a kidney stone.  It is 1.5 cm in size and obviously will not pass.  The stone remains in my kidney.  That same day I had a stent put in to keep the stone from blocking the urether.  About a month ago I had lithotripsy done, but it was not successful.  The doctors don't feel that other sessions will help. I have had to go in and out of the hospital for infection.  The stent causes me alot of pain most of the time, especially when I walk.  I am still waiting to find out what will happen next.  The hospital where I am is not equiped to perform any procedures, or surgeries on a kidney stone, so I have to travel at least 6 hours away.  I am getting VERY frustrated at how long it's taking for anyone to do anything about this!!  What can I expect the next step to be??