Urology Community
kidney stones ..help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

kidney stones ..help

I am a 40 yr od female .recently diagnosed with Medullary Sponge Kidney .I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago with severe left flank pain .They did a CT scan showing a 6 mm stone in the UPJ .Also have extensive stones in in left and right Kidney  Also had a UTI ..The E.R. gave me pain meds and sent me home telling me to call a urologist in the next 2 days .I called in the am ...The Urologist gave me Flomax and more pain meds and then scheduled me for ESWL in 8 weeks !!!...and said I can probably pass the stone myself .He also gave me a 30 day supply of antibiotics .I also have Von Willerbrands disease Type 1 .My question is ..can I actually pass a 6mm stone ? and I dont think I will last in this kind of pain even with pain meds for the next 8 weeks ....Help ???..Any suggestions ?
Request a lithotripsy.  I've been dealing with stones since i was ten.  All they did was medicate me with meds but the problem kept continuing.  All the docs refused to do a lithotripsy because the stones weren't big enought.  I finally found  a doc who took me seriously.  She scheduled a lithotripsy of both kidneys where they shock the stones into sand.  If you already have a stone in the uretur you'll have to pass it. but the stones in your kidneys can be shocked.  I've been kidney stone free for a while now.  She also diagnosed the reason behind why my body is producing them. Parathyroid which also causes depression, mood swings, kidney stones, calcium overproduction, etc.  Think about it. good luck