Urology Community
lasting pain after bladder biopsy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lasting pain after bladder biopsy

Hi.

I had a bladder biopsy performed 10 days ago.  While I know that some pain upon urination is to be expected, I continue to experience quite intense pain (although not as bad as during the first three days).  I've been taking pyridium as well as ultram--which seem to offer some help.  The urologist implied that it may take another week or two for the pain to resolve.  Is this normal?  I'm concerned about a possible infection, although I don't have a fever.

Thanks.

Rhz
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, I also the exact same problem!  It's been over 2 weeks and I have terrible pain in what feels like my urethra.  Almost like a stabbing pain, almost when I am done urinating.  My urologist twice did urine cultures and it was negative.  I have no fever, but he put  me on antibiotics too, and then took me off when the tests came back negative.  My intern told me it could be a contusion, and can take weeks to heal.  So the urologist put me on Urelle, it  made me dizzy and it did not help the pain.  I am going to try Anrnica, a homeopathic pill, for internal healing. I hope you feel better..
Blank
Interesting.  I did a urinanalysis which came back negative.  The pain changes--everyday it seems like it's in a different spot--beneath the pubic bone, along the perenium, in the prostate, at the tip of the penis.  Depending on the intensity, I'll give it another day or two before I call the urologist.  I wish you the best as well....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...