Urology Community
lasting pain after bladder biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

lasting pain after bladder biopsy

Hi.

I had a bladder biopsy performed 10 days ago.  While I know that some pain upon urination is to be expected, I continue to experience quite intense pain (although not as bad as during the first three days).  I've been taking pyridium as well as ultram--which seem to offer some help.  The urologist implied that it may take another week or two for the pain to resolve.  Is this normal?  I'm concerned about a possible infection, although I don't have a fever.

Thanks.

Rhz
Hi, I also the exact same problem!  It's been over 2 weeks and I have terrible pain in what feels like my urethra.  Almost like a stabbing pain, almost when I am done urinating.  My urologist twice did urine cultures and it was negative.  I have no fever, but he put  me on antibiotics too, and then took me off when the tests came back negative.  My intern told me it could be a contusion, and can take weeks to heal.  So the urologist put me on Urelle, it  made me dizzy and it did not help the pain.  I am going to try Anrnica, a homeopathic pill, for internal healing. I hope you feel better..
Interesting.  I did a urinanalysis which came back negative.  The pain changes--everyday it seems like it's in a different spot--beneath the pubic bone, along the perenium, in the prostate, at the tip of the penis.  Depending on the intensity, I'll give it another day or two before I call the urologist.  I wish you the best as well....