Urology Expert Forum
left Hernia, pain in left testicle
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

left Hernia, pain in left testicle

Dear Doctor:

I'm a 28 year old male. I was operated on for an inguinal hernia repair, left side, in 1994. Shortly after my surgery, I developed an infection in the wound. There was a big pimple like thing that had to be cut with a scissor and then pus had to be squeezed out of the wound.

Over the years my complains didn't go away. In year 2004 another surgeon determined that I had to go in for a second round surgery in the same spot. This time around a mesh was inserted.

After so many years, the following are my complains:

1. From time to time, I still feel pain in my left side. It is more discomforting than anything else. At times, it seems like there is a pattern to it such as days I stand for long durations; have high levels of stress; eat way too much etc. Other days, it seems like there's no pattern to the pain at all. Sometimes weeks go by and there is no sign of anything.

2. It seems that there is a strange link between my left testicle with the area, and around the area, of my hernia repair incision. This link starts from the back side of my testicle. From the research I've done, it seems that the Vas deferens or spermatic cord (or some other nerves) have a discomforting link with the area around the hernia repair wound. This is discomforting. It is intensified sometimes during ejaculation and this has become more prominent over the years, relative to the earlier post surgery years. Sometimes, when I wear loose clothing and sit myself down on a chair, the left testicle comes in contact with the seating surface first and the uncomfortable sensation/link is felt. Other days, like today, when I've had to sit in class for over 6 hours, I feel it bugging me more than usual. There is pain.

As for the Hernia pains, a local Urologist and my GP have both tested for a bulge with the cough method and they don't feel any abnormalities. Not sure what to do about the testicle. Don't want to get cut open again. Scared.