leukocytes still in urine
i just recently had a total abdominal hysterectomy about a month ago. Ended up w/ a nasty bladder infection.
Leukocytes was 100/ul---protein was 15 mg/dl---and blood was 25/ul...took cipro 500 mg/2x daily for 10 days.
Went and re-checked my urine...blood and protein were negative...leukocytes still at 100/ul. Dr. prescribed
cipro again..same dosage for 7 days. Just wondering if this will be a chronic situation for me (tilted or fallen bladder)
or will I need to see a specialist? Have another post-op w/my surgeon in 1 week.  Any help or info is much appreciated
Thanks!!
A leukocyte count > 20/micro L is definitely abnormal. You should consult a urologist for the same. There’s a possibility of a chronic UTI or maybe an incompletely treated acute UTI. The bacteria maybe residing in small pockets in the urinary bladder and not eradicated completely after the first course of antibiotics and the second course may have done the magic. Please get a urine culture done to rule out the possibility of drug resistant bacteria. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.