Urology Expert Forum
loss of sensitivity in penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

loss of sensitivity in penis

I was having sex two nights ago and at one point my penis slipped out and missed on the way back in.
I immediately stopped. It wasn't extremely painful, it was more of just a shock. No big pop or anything, but something wasn't right. The next morning i noticed there was a loss of sensitivity. i read some things online and decided to take it easy the that day. But when my girl and i were together again that night, i had no problem getting an erection, and we had sex. I think this was a mistake. Today i am much more concerned. I did not wake up with an erection like usual. The shaft and the head are partially numb now. I put an ice cube on it to test and there is definitely a big loss of sensitivity. I have been massaging it and wrapping it up in a hot wash cloth. so numbness, can't feel hot/cold like i should be able to and i don't have the strength in it like usual. i am able to reach an erection but it takes a greater deal of stimulation where it did not before.

What can it be? is there nerve or tissue damage? is it just temporarily numb/paralyzed? Will it return to normal soon? How long approximately?? I am very nervous right now and i am praying this doesn't sound like anything serious or permanent. Please respond asap. thank you so much.

As you may notice by perusing this forum, many men have great concern about their penises as relates to there sexual activities. If it were your finger, you would not pay anywhere near as much attention to it.
It does not sound as though you did any major damage. I would expect everything to return to normal in a fairly short period of time. If anything, I would hold off on being sexually active/masturbating for a week.
In your situation, the lack of morning erections relates  to the stage of sleep during which you awaken rather than anything else. Try getting to bed earlier but awaken at the same time.

S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not  necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition
1 Comment
A related discussion, penis sensitivity was started.