Urology Community
low testosterone and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

low testosterone and pain

I have been diagnosed with low testosterone and fibromyalgia.  I am 33 and was diagnosed at about 28.  I really think I have always had this as a problem, just undiagnosed till now.

Can long term low T levels cause muscle fiber deterioration and chronic debilitating muscle pain.  Sometimes I couldn't even tell you where it hurts, and I am always sick and ran down.

My doc has me on a T cream.
Other than a few hormones regulated by the pituitary TSH - I think and another one, I haven't been tested for anything else other than high liver enzyme.  I don't have sexual drive problems - at all - or any other sexual symptom other than possibly hard to get pregnant.
My first concern is the pain.  Can low t levels cause pain?

This discussion is related to Muscle pain and weakness with low testosterone.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Low testosterone symptoms may include: general weakness of the body, lack of physical strength, lack of mental clarity, maintenance of muscle mass and strength, maintenance of bone density and strength and libido and erection frequency.Though not directly reated to pain, the muscular mass is not maintained. Without this hormone, infertility, lack of libido or erectile dysfunction, osteoporosis, penile enlargement, height growth, bone marrow stimulation, reversal of anemia and even appetite stimulation are all affected.

Take care and keep us posted.
I would think if it is serious enough to degradate bone density and muscle mass, it could affect pain levels as the muscles are depleted of what they need????

Reaching, but trying to understand my condition and give some kind of answer as to why I always hurt other than fibermyalgia (fibromyalgia) - unknown diagnostic to unknown symptoms of unknown pain.  The whole unknown part of this doesn't sit well with me as I have to provide for my family (4 children and stay-at-home wife).  Expected to somehow function normally under impossible circumstances.  Just trying to get on a path so I can know how to chase this thing rather than just helplessly suffer with an unknown disease.

I'll get off the soap box and back on to realistically trying to figure this out now :)
Thanks Rowena for your reply.
I am also curious about the adrenals and pituitary. I understand these can effect testosterone.  Is there any ways to test these?  Can high caffeine  consumption exhaust the adrenals?  

Any other info related to testosterone and pain would be really appreciated.
thanks!
I have pain all over. So far no one has found out why.  I just found out that my testosterone is low.  I also have now sexual symptoms only constant unbearable pain.