Urology Community
lower abdominal pain and urge to urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I am 29 years old and for the last month have had sharp pains in my lower left and right abdominal areas.  Mostly to the right of my penis and traveling up.   Also rarely pain in the center of my lower abdomen right above my groin.

I have also experienced an urge to urinate, often right after urinating.   There is no pain while urinating and no discharge or blood at from my penis.   After urinating I often feel a burning/itching in my penis, that I would say is the urge to go again.

I have been checked for STD's and all were negative and I was checked for UTI and it was negative.

I have another appointment with my DR next week, but she was sure it was an STD.

Please help.
Yes, this could be an STD, but it could also be an urinary tract infection.  Sometimes bacteria can be on one side of the bladder and cause general pain throughout the area, but it may be more prominent on one side.  Surrounding muscles may aslo ache. Men can get urinary tract infections like women, even though it isn't as frequent.  Kidney stones can also produce similar symptoms that can vary.  Please, keep all of these options open and if your doctor fully tests you for STDs and things are negative, consider a urologist. Perhaps look up area urologists and find out who is taking new patients just in case you need to contact one after you go to your regular doc. It is best to take care of infections as soon as possible.  Keep tract of your symptoms daily in a list so this can provide clues and an accurate time frame and PLEASE do not assume that your doctor will have all the answers.  Always ask questions and be sure to trust your instincts.  For any of these issues, problems in that area will often benefit from drinking lots of water and clearing out your bladder frequently to cleanse the system.  Stay away from soda/pop and heavily caffinated beverages as much as possible until you know what's going on.

Hope you feel better soon!
P.S.
Meant to say the bacteria can get into the bladder wall and this can cause test results for UTI's to be negative.  A low dose of antibiotics over a few months is usually the treatment for that.  Once they've attached to the wall of the bladder, they do not flush out with the urine, thus the negative result.  If they do urine again, insist that a culture be done to see if anything grows.
Thank you for you post but you must have missed the part where I said that an STD test was done for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and HIV and all were negative.  

I saw that, but was going on how in the last sentence you said your doctor "was sure it was an STD."
Maybe you meant that sentence to refer to before the tests?  I commented as much as I could, especially after going to four doctors myself for a bladder infection that wasn't diagnosed until the fourth, which was a urologist.  Consider side effects of medication too. I had a friend who had similar major problems from her birthcontrol, but didn't mention that since you are a guy and most likely not on such a thing.

Good luck once more!