Urology Community
lump in the area between thigh and top of the scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I'm 18 years old and i just realized recently that i have a small lump on the area between the top of my scrotum and my left leg. It's at the area where the top of the inside of my leg and my scrotum meet. It doesn't hurt unless i put pressure on it. It came out of no where. There is no swelling/redness as far as i can tell, but it seemed to have appeared over night. I recently had a hard 6 miles run a few days before i noticed the lump; could the running be a reason for it? What could it be? Since it's not actually near the testicle i don't think it's testicular cancer, but could it be a tumor? If not, will it go away? Could it be related to masturbation or nutritional issues? How serious do you think this is?

Any info would be great and much appreciated.
I hope by now you seen a DR but maybe not.

You are a bit vague as to the location of the lump. If it in within the inguinal canal it could be a hydrocele (google-able) If it is just under the skin or deeper, lets say,  it could a lymph node issue.

Anyway it needs looked over by some DR.
I'm not a guy, so I'm trying to understand where your lump is.  If it is in the groin, it might be LGV (lympho granular venereum).  This is an infection of the lymph nodes and a good round of Doxycycline can treat it.  I have known males and females with this.  The lump gradually gets larger and when you press on it, it is painful.  Several things can cause this, including infected or irritated hair follicules.