lump on side of urethra and painful urination
Hi . I was treated with Noroxin for an infection about a week and a half ago and this morning when I urinated it was like a stabbing pain in my urethra. I also have a lump on the left side beside my urethra. The lump does not hurt but I feel almost like it's swollen ( my urethra). What could this be. I am 47 yr old white female who has had frequent UTI's and this is new to me. I have never seen this before and I am concerned..
From the symptoms any urinary tract infection needs to be ruled out. From your symptoms, the lump near the urethra can be a Bartholin's abscess or cyst. There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands. These can become painful and swollen, and an abscess can form. This often causes blockage in the main duct from the gland, and a cyst develops.

Other possibilities are sebaceous cysts (accumulations of secretions that can occur anywhere on the skin or mucosal surfaces), lipomas (fatty deposits) ,fibromas (fibrous tissue deposits), herpes sores or viral warts.

I suggest you a gynecologist’s evaluation to confirm the diagnosis.