Urology Community
lump under the left testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

lump under the left testicle

I have started feeling a small lump under my left testicle which becomes very evident after I work out. There is no pain but I can clearly see that the left testicle is bigger than the right testicle. The lump subsides after an hour or so and I dont feel it that prominantly. Can you please advise what should I do?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You will need to consult a urologist to investigate the cause of the lump further.

Some possibilities include cysts, hernia, tumors, hydrocele, varicocele, etc.

"A loop of bowel can protrude through gaps in the abdominal wall and form a swelling or hernia at the join between the thigh and abdomen (inguinal region).

In some cases, the hernia may move into the scrotum. Men are much more likely to develop an inguinal hernia than women because of a potential weakness in the abdominal wall at the groin. If a lump in the scrotum is an inguinal hernia, the impulse from a cough may be felt in the scrotum. "
"A soft lump in the scrotum, especially if you can get your fingers between it and the testicle, is most likely to be a hydrocele. This is a collection of sterile fluid in the cord attached to the testicle, which is invariably harmless."
"Varicoceles are similar, except they are caused by enlarged blood vessels. Both may require surgical removal in severe cases."
"Testicular cancer  represents only 1 per cent of all cancers in men, but it is the single biggest cause of cancer-related deaths in men aged 15 to 35 years in the UK"
www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/testicularlumps.htm

If the lump is a hernia, you will need to have it receive appropriate attention and surgical intervention due to risk of a strangulating hernia and the complications thereof.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
Thank you doctor for your inputs.