Urology Expert Forum
lumps in sperm
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lumps in sperm

Many times when I have sex or masterbate I notice clear or yellowish lunps in my sperm. I don't feel any pain and have noticed this for many years. I always figured it was from not having sex often enough, but want to be sure something else isn't wrong. Ever heard of this condition? Thank-you.
=====================================================
Dear Thomas,
Semen is a fluid substance with multiple components.  The testicles produce the sperm and some fluid.  The seminal vesicles produce more fluid including the sugar fructose.  Finally, the prostate gland contributes a considerable amount of fluid including proteins that cause the semen to liquify.
Abnormal clumping of your ejaculate (semen propelled out the penile urethra) may be associated with prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate).
Your physician may want to begin the evaluation with a digital rectal exam and a urinanalysis with or without prostatic massage.
More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its suburban campuses at  (1 800 653 6568). We can also arrange local accommodations through this number if this is your need. Please bring any physicians