Urology Community
lumpy semen with other symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

lumpy semen with other symptoms

Hello I have been looking for an answer to my problem for a while now and I have still not found an answer that satisfies me. Let me start with the symptoms

When I ejaculate my semen is partially lumpy and literally noodle-like. I can actually feel the clumps coming out of inside. There have been pieces that are up to an inch long of this semen. Lately it actually just dribbles out or i have to squeeze it out because it feels blocked. The blocked feeling has decreased the amount of sperm and i can feel it more and more. I have had this problem for a couple of months now it started with just tapioca like semen and i now have more and more of this type of semen coming out. One interesting thing i found is that i left of piece of it out to dry out curiosity and within a few hours it shriveled up and was hard yellow unlike other semen that just liquefies. I don't know what to do i thought it was an infection of the epidytimis that was causing the sperm  to be like that. That would also explain the blockage that i feel. I went to the doctor a few months back because my testicles felt a little tender not swollen or anything just tender and he examined everything and concluded nothing was wrong. I then went to a urologist and he too sided everything seemed normal. I went to get tested for all stds and i was negative on everything. I am now out of options i looked it up on the internet and i keep reading its just the sperms consistency that is to blame. Like i said i do not know what else to do about the blocked feeling and the sperm any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Tags: semen
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Hyperviscous and hypercoagulating semen can be caused by problems within the prostate gland. The prostate gland secretes most of the fluid in the semen and it secretes the enzymes necessary for keeping the semen in a liquefied state.

Decreased force of ejaculation and quantity of semen can also be due to prostate abnormalities and will need to be evaluated thoroughly.

Your urologist can perform a physical exam to assess whether the prostate gland is enlarged.

Additional reasons for clumping of semen include infrequent ejaculation.

Semen analysis would reveal any intrinsic abnormality of the composition of the semen and would give indications as to what part of the tract is responsible.

DO keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
I am a 23 year boy from india. I too have the same Problem I also consulted the  doctor , Who said nothing is wrong .But i know this is a serious problem , but with is aware of it . I have this problem from around 4 yeras , due to this i also have lost huge weight , and is now only 53 Kgs.

***@****
I too have lumpy semen.  I have been on strong Opiates for pain for about 4-5 years.  i am wonderng if this has anything to do with it.
I have lumpy semen as well and have had it for 20 years. My urologist says there is nothing to worry about. I had used to worry about my semen being "normal" to have kids. I have 3 beautiful, healthy children. It's nothing to fret about.
I too have thick sperm and was told I have clumpy sperm in a sperm analysis.  Can this cause problem with getting my wife pregnant?

When I ejaculate my semen is partially lumpy and literally noodle-like. I can actually feel the clumps coming out of inside. There have been pieces that are up to an inch long of this semen. Lately it actually just dribbles out or i have to squeeze it out because it feels blockedBlocked tear duct. The blockedBlocked tear duct feeling has decreased the amount of sperm and i can feel it more and more. I have had this problem for a couple of months now it started with just tapioca like semen and i now have more and more of this type of semen coming out. One interesting thing i found is that i left of piece of it out to dry out curiosity and within a few hours it shriveled up and was hard yellowYellow fever vaccine
Yellow nail syndrome unlike other semen that just liquefies. I don't know what to do i thought it was an infection of the epidytimis that was causing the sperm  to be like that. That would also explain the blockagePeripheral artery disease that i feel. Occasionally, when I done or nearly done urinating, there's a sudden halt its because there's a lump/jelly like substance came out of mine during urination. please help me. Thank You!
As the first poster mentioned, your doctor can help you out with this.

I had a similar (although not as sever sounding problem) with lumpy semen.  

My doctor put me on antibiotics (Bactrim DS) for two weeks and it cleared up.  In my case (can't guarentee yours) the culprit was Prostatitis, and inflamation (inflammation) of the prostate due to bacteria or other things.

I have actually had the condition return once since (it can actually be a recurring problem for some) and another course of antibiotics cleared it up again.

YMMV, but talk to your doctor!
I am having this problem currently... cant find any concrete articles about it.
Absolutely clueless as to what the problem is.
All symptoms are similar... No Idea what the problem is.
Any help is appreciated.
I have suffered with this problem twice. The first time was 9 years ago at 28 and that problem was horribly mismanaged for over two years. The lumpy sperm was obvious, each time I had sex or masturbated I felt as if something was 'blocked'.  When I came there was an uncomfortable pressure in my testicles. A heavy hanging sensation of the testicles stayed, alleviated by wearing tight boxer shorts. Then came the inflammation, left hand side of the groin, dull at first. I worked in construction - when things were busy I'd get severe shooting pains on the left side. The inflammation then intensified, and my ligaments, tendons, nerve ends were severely inflamed. the pain spread to legs, particularly down the left-hand side. I walked with a limp and was unable to run or exercise.  Visits to the doctor were useless. i suggested a hernia, she agreed - waited 4 months for a scan. negative, waited another 5 months to see an aloof urologist who after a 10 sec physical examination sat back, arms folded and shrugged 'I can find nothing wrong with you.' he suggested I had epididymitis caused by an untreated std and the inflammation had spread. advised I may have the problem for the rest of my life. Whent to a sports injury clinic, got second scan, they diagnosed a 'gilmore's groin' injury, got a short of cortison and given physio. All bollocks. Eventually the inflammation burn itself out after three years of pain and restriction.
anyway, this time around when the symptoms started I knew it was the same problem and I'm now convinced it's prostatitis. Went to STD first and was given 4 weeks of doxycyline. It vastly improved my condition after 10 days, but when I stopped the medicine after 4 weeks symptoms almost immediately came back. I chatted with the doctor about it and she said the antibiotics should have worked, the symptoms wouldn't have come back that quick after stopped the antibiotics and a specialist had suggested the symptoms were psychosomatic!
I hit the roof and I'm now self-referring to a urologist. Hopefully I can get it sorted before the inflammation really kicks him again. My advice to anyone with  these symptoms is - DON'T remain passive, question all you are told by doctors and use your gut instinct. The quality of care and knowledge from health professionals varies greatly unfortunately. Don't be afraid to push things - if what they tell you sounds dismissive, don't accept it.  
HapkiToaD

I too have had this problem for years. It started when I was around 18. Like tapioca, sometimes up to an inch. Right on my pubic bone on the left corner, I can feel like a lump. call it blockage. Has to do with the inguinal canal for me. I had an inguinal hernia operation like 6 or 7 years ago, and the problem magnified a bit. Same side as the procedure. I have to massage it, and unfortunately I have to masturbate to get relief at least once or twice per day, and can include making love to my wife once or twice per day. She isn't up for that, and it is quite exhausting at times, so I will deal with the pain for some time at times. I have dietary issues that mimic ones I had when an infant now as well, which if exposed to things that bother me, I will have the shooting crippling pains that cause limping and barely being able to move just like the guy above mentioned, but his problem seems to be different, cause if I avoid the things that bother my pooper, this doesn't get bothered either. I have experienced such a lack of quality medical care (and believe me it isn't because the "professionals" around here don't make GOOD money) that I have had to basically become my own doctor. I have discovered ALL kinds of things about myself that doctors for years have been morons about (all they do is pitch drugs for no real reason) and have found out how to deal with things like "Bi-polar disorder", and "ADHD" totally on my own without drugs or "Doctors". Actually honestly I can't even take stuff anymore, and now that I am mostly away from toxic things, natural supplements and things like that give me the best results. Be your own advocate, and don't take BS. PS. I think hydration plays a big part in this semen issue. When I am hydrated I have less problems. If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. Drink more water, prostate works easier. Take two tablespoons of EV Olive Oil every day like medicine too.
I also went to a Urologist who gave me a prostate exam and told me it was fine, and had my testicles ultrasound scanned, and found I had calcification in my testes, and it is supposedly unrelated. I had a hydro-seal on one of my testes that was deflated or whatever at birth. Don't know if those are related. The doctor told me to have sex less and to masturbate less, but if I do, I have the blockage and pain and it ***** ***. Don't know if the search for data or answers is still going on, I realize this is old. it would still be interesting to find out more. I have been looking for answers on the web for years, and this is the first time I found someone somewhere that has a similar issue. The only thing I ever had to go on was an old saying about having a "rusty load". Not much to do a Google search with Lol.
Have any of ou guys tried prostate supplements?  I have the same problem with lumpy semen, and found that supplements, like saw palmetto, help a lot.  Important to buy a good quality supplement, as I have found that cheaper brands have sometimes yielded poor results.  I started to see results after about a week of taking a large dose of saw palmetto.  Pumpkin seed oil is also supposed to help, although I have not found large differences by adding that to the SP.

Hope this helps some of you.

ME TOO TO ALL OF THAT ive been dealing withis for 14 years and all you can dooo is ejaculate couple times a day eat anthing that does not stimulate candida growth "although every doc ive talked too says that a yeast infection is not the problem" I found echinasia to be very helpful but youcant use it long term without causing immune problems sawpametto works alright but it too neds to be regulated or you will shrink your prostate too much,lol,ya have to learn to laugh at this because you could be driven crazy with worry I Just had a beutiful healthy daughter I too went too counless doctors with the same results ,NOTHING,ANTIBIOTICS CAN GIVE you temporary  relief then again so can ibuprofin Ive had best luck with supplements vitimins and natural immune boosters and natural stemcell stimulators ,clean water lots of it is a must.
I have very similar issues!!  don't know what to do.  got treated for chlamydia and tests came back negative but it seems the problem reoccurs when i ejaculate! very uncomfortable and mild discharge.  Id like to try the 4 week antibiotic regimen
I cannot confirm this but check with an allergy doctor. I too am experiencing this same issue. I have recently found I have many food allergies that plaque my body in many ways. I am going to research possibility further but I would definitely explore this further with your allergy doctor.
I've had this happen to me and I brought it up with my doctor during my last physical. I'll share what he told me.
"This seems happens a lot when you don't ejaculate often. It seems to be even more so if you have not had a sufficient intake of water ... AND if you wear underwear that is tight and keeps your boys close to your body. (i.e. tighty whities)."
I know most of you will probably hate this (kidding) but try ejaculating more often and watch to see what happens. Increase your water intake for a few days and try masturbating once or twice a day for three or four days in a row. and I think you will see the condition reverse itself. It worked for me.
Studies suggest these "clumps" that turn yellow are essentially collections of pus calcifying in the presence of a difficult-to-culture pathogen.

The prostate gets clogged, enlarges like any other wound that does not drain, and creates problems as a result of its self-contained anatomy.

http://www.ajceu.us/files/ajceu1312003.pdf