UROLOGY
COMMUNITY
lumpy semen with other symptoms
by edman2478411, Jul 20, 2008
Hello I have been looking for an answer to my problem for a while now and I have still not found an answer that satisfies me. Let me start with the symptoms

When I ejaculate my semen is partially lumpy and literally noodle-like. I can actually feel the clumps coming out of inside. There have been pieces that are up to an inch long of this semen. Lately it actually just dribbles out or i have to squeeze it out because it feels blocked. The blocked feeling has decreased the amount of sperm and i can feel it more and more. I have had this problem for a couple of months now it started with just tapioca like semen and i now have more and more of this type of semen coming out. One interesting thing i found is that i left of piece of it out to dry out curiosity and within a few hours it shriveled up and was hard yellow unlike other semen that just liquefies. I don't know what to do i thought it was an infection of the epidytimis that was causing the sperm  to be like that. That would also explain the blockage that i feel. I went to the doctor a few months back because my testicles felt a little tender not swollen or anything just tender and he examined everything and concluded nothing was wrong. I then went to a urologist and he too sided everything seemed normal. I went to get tested for all stds and i was negative on everything. I am now out of options i looked it up on the internet and i keep reading its just the sperms consistency that is to blame. Like i said i do not know what else to do about the blocked feeling and the sperm any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Member Comments (17)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
by Dr Smitha MathewsBlank, Jul 21, 2008

Hyperviscous and hypercoagulating semen can be caused by problems within the prostate gland. The prostate gland secretes most of the fluid in the semen and it secretes the enzymes necessary for keeping the semen in a liquefied state.

Decreased force of ejaculation and quantity of semen can also be due to prostate abnormalities and will need to be evaluated thoroughly.

Your urologist can perform a physical exam to assess whether the prostate gland is enlarged.

Additional reasons for clumping of semen include infrequent ejaculation.

Semen analysis would reveal any intrinsic abnormality of the composition of the semen and would give indications as to what part of the tract is responsible.

DO keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
by 19bharatvikram, Jun 19, 2009
I am a 23 year boy from india. I too have the same Problem I also consulted the  doctor , Who said nothing is wrong .But i know this is a serious problem , but with is aware of it . I have this problem from around 4 yeras , due to this i also have lost huge weight , and is now only 53 Kgs.

***@****
by imported, Jul 17, 2009
I too have lumpy semen.  I have been on strong Opiates for pain for about 4-5 years.  i am wonderng if this has anything to do with it.
by dthgraphix, Aug 06, 2009
I have lumpy semen as well and have had it for 20 years. My urologist says there is nothing to worry about. I had used to worry about my semen being "normal" to have kids. I have 3 beautiful, healthy children. It's nothing to fret about.
by deeppositivity, Oct 22, 2009
I too have thick sperm and was told I have clumpy sperm in a sperm analysis.  Can this cause problem with getting my wife pregnant?
by kebs, Jan 19, 2010

When I ejaculate my semen is partially lumpy and literally noodle-like. I can actually feel the clumps coming out of inside. There have been pieces that are up to an inch long of this semen. Lately it actually just dribbles out or i have to squeeze it out because it feels blockedBlocked tear duct. The blockedBlocked tear duct feeling has decreased the amount of sperm and i can feel it more and more. I have had this problem for a couple of months now it started with just tapioca like semen and i now have more and more of this type of semen coming out. One interesting thing i found is that i left of piece of it out to dry out curiosity and within a few hours it shriveled up and was hard yellowYellow fever vaccine
Yellow nail syndrome unlike other semen that just liquefies. I don't know what to do i thought it was an infection of the epidytimis that was causing the sperm  to be like that. That would also explain the blockagePeripheral artery disease that i feel. Occasionally, when I done or nearly done urinating, there's a sudden halt its because there's a lump/jelly like substance came out of mine during urination. please help me. Thank You!
by trekkerj, Jan 21, 2010
As the first poster mentioned, your doctor can help you out with this.

I had a similar (although not as sever sounding problem) with lumpy semen.  

My doctor put me on antibiotics (Bactrim DS) for two weeks and it cleared up.  In my case (can't guarentee yours) the culprit was Prostatitis, and inflamation of the prostate due to bacteria or other things.

I have actually had the condition return once since (it can actually be a recurring problem for some) and another course of antibiotics cleared it up again.

YMMV, but talk to your doctor!
by needsomehelp533, Mar 22, 2011
I am having this problem currently... cant find any concrete articles about it.
Absolutely clueless as to what the problem is.
All symptoms are similar... No Idea what the problem is.
Any help is appreciated.
by mick555, Jun 06, 2012
I have suffered with this problem twice. The first time was 9 years ago at 28 and that problem was horribly mismanaged for over two years. The lumpy sperm was obvious, each time I had sex or masturbated I felt as if something was 'blocked'.  When I came there was an uncomfortable pressure in my testicles. A heavy hanging sensation of the testicles stayed, alleviated by wearing tight boxer shorts. Then came the inflammation, left hand side of the groin, dull at first. I worked in construction - when things were busy I'd get severe shooting pains on the left side. The inflammation then intensified, and my ligaments, tendons, nerve ends were severely inflamed. the pain spread to legs, particularly down the left-hand side. I walked with a limp and was unable to run or exercise.  Visits to the doctor were useless. i suggested a hernia, she agreed - waited 4 months for a scan. negative, waited another 5 months to see an aloof urologist who after a 10 sec physical examination sat back, arms folded and shrugged 'I can find nothing wrong with you.' he suggested I had epididymitis caused by an untreated std and the inflammation had spread. advised I may have the problem for the rest of my life. Whent to a sports injury clinic, got second scan, they diagnosed a 'gilmore's groin' injury, got a short of cortison and given physio. All bollocks. Eventually the inflammation burn itself out after three years of pain and restriction.
anyway, this time around when the symptoms started I knew it was the same problem and I'm now convinced it's prostatitis. Went to STD first and was given 4 weeks of doxycyline. It vastly improved my condition after 10 days, but when I stopped the medicine after 4 weeks symptoms almost immediately came back. I chatted with the doctor about it and she said the antibiotics should have worked, the symptoms wouldn't have come back that quick after stopped the antibiotics and a specialist had suggested the symptoms were psychosomatic!
I hit the roof and I'm now self-referring to a urologist. Hopefully I can get it sorted before the inflammation really kicks him again. My advice to anyone with  these symptoms is - DON'T remain passive, question all you are told by doctors and use your gut instinct. The quality of care and knowledge from health professionals varies greatly unfortunately. Don't be afraid to push things - if what they tell you sounds dismissive, don't accept it.