Urology Community
meatus or glans(glands) Issue or normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

5181312?1261000213
Yes I have noticed recently that around my meatus on my penis it gets red More some times than others also along the bottom ppart it looks like a raised area..not really a bump so much as just raised Almost like the lips of the meatus create this raised area..when erect its not noticeble. At first I thought it was inflamation (inflammation) and have been tested for chla.ydia and ghonnorrea both were negative. Just never paid attention there and want to know if it looks normal or not..
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3057/img00003200912161108.jpg
The area can get red and irritated if your urine is often concentrated. Try drinking more water.

Has the raised area around your meatus always been there? If so, it's probably nothing to worry about. It could have resulted from some sort of irritation long ago that healed in such a way as to create a raised area. It's something like a mild degree of meatal stenosis, which is not uncommon among guys who were circumcised at an early age, but also occurs in guys who aren't. Could be worse, though - mine is uneven, and much more noticeable when erect.
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Part of the problem is I am not sure if it was like that all along or not because I never really noticed. I will try drinking more water though..I do drink a lot of coke and beer and not A lot of water. Did you blow up the picture and see what I was talking about though? Towards the bottom of meatus clloser to the frenelum? I've been to the doctor but he didn't notice Anything suspicious but I'm of course as flacid as can be then and so a lot less to see if that makes sense. But your resonse does ease my mind some. Lately I have ways been looking when I go to the rest room and different times it looks different but always is red and part at bottom is raised when I look..but just to different degrees.
I did see the large version, but the meatus appears a bit out of focus so it's difficult to see exactly what you're trying to show. Looks normal, and if your doctor said it was fine he would know better than I do. Could the redness you describe be irritation from your penis rubbing against underwear, or from a few drops of urine dribbling out in your pants? Or it could just be a natural variation in the color of your glans (glands).

Your picture does not show anything that is abnormal. The area of the meatus and frenulum is allways slightlydifferent of color than the glans (glands).

All the best.

Ron
Thanks guys for all the responses you guys are a ton of help. Hopefully I can help some people on this site as you have
dude i have the same problem i got checked out at clinic they said it was normal but im gonna go see a dermatologist ill post when i see one. my meatus had like a lip appearance to it and like raised skin on my right side its really weird. I freaked out and thought I had GW but the doc said i dont but Im not gonna rest this til i figure out what it is.
My meatus looks very similar to yours, but it didn't always. Before it looked like just a normal slit and now I have raised "lips" and part of it always looks to appear slightly open. After going to a few doctors who told me that it looked normal and getting tested for various STDs, I've concluded that it's just a physical problem and not the result of an infection or disease. I've found that wearing tight-fitting briefs helps reduce the irrititation while walking around during the day. I've also try to stop inspecting it so much and I think that has helped too. However after 4 months, my meatus still has not returned to normal and I've pretty much accepted it never will. I just hope that the extra sensitivity will go away since it makes sex uncomfortable and I'd like to go back to wearing boxers again. Good luck!
do u have some raised skin besides the lip appearance?
Sorry for the late reply, this whole subject was depressing me so bad, I just closed the door and have tried not to look back. But to answer your question, yeah, it was inflammed and there were some anomalies on the skin. It worried the hell out of me. But I can confirm now that it's not an STD. I've been tested a couple times for everything including herpes, and I'm clean. I think it was just inflammation and it took a long long time to subside. Sadly, the tip of my penis never returned to normal and I still wear briefs. Hope this information helps
I feel your pain. I have had this exact issue for six months. One day out of the blue (was not due to sex) I had some stinging irritation which turned to puffiness which turned to a slightly raised circular area around my meats with a lip like puffiness on one side. The lip effect comes and goes but tight clothing makes it come back with a vengeance. All tests negative, the usual story. It's some kind of scar from an infection or irritation that I guess we have to live with. I'm going to try the dermatologist and urologist just in case. I know it is worse when I'm dehydrated.