Urology Expert Forum
meatus urethral

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

meatus urethral

The tip of my penis is slightly swollen and red, meatus urethral is i think what its called. All STD tests were clear except i got treated for one lesion of HPV with liquid nitrogen in two sittings. This happened i think after the first time i was sprayed. The second time he sprayed on the meatus urethral, thinking that there maybe an HPV lesion there, but there wasnt, it turned black and scabby, now scabs are gone, and its slightly red and swollen.
however, it was swollen before he sprayed it with liq nitro. can you tell me what it might be, do i need to go to urologist.
Swelling of the urethral meatus could be a reaction to your laundry soap, local trauma from masturbating/sexual activity. I would also think in terms of local contact with chemicals: spermatacides, lubricants, condom material. Also, you might think of a urinary infection. If it is not bothering you, is it really new? Was it ever not swollen/red? It may be just a variation of normal.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.
I dont know if its a urinary infection, as there is no discharge, no discoloration, no pain, totally normal.
I noticed the swelling, after the first treatment of liquid nitrogen. At the point it was slightly swollen, but not red. its become red, cuz when i went the 2nd time, the nurse sprayed liq nitro on the UMeatus, to see if there were any warts there. Nothing happend, it just scabbed, and now the scabs are off, but its kind of red, slighly swollen at the end of the lips, i touched it, its very very soft, no pain or tenderness.
A related discussion, Same thing was started.