Urology Community
medication affecting urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

medication affecting urine

Hello, is there any medications that can alter urine?  I've noticed whitish particles in my urine lately and was thinking it may be from medication.  I'm taking atenolol, effexor, and clonazapam. I drink a lot of water, and have no other "symptoms".  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Medications are being metabolized by the body( in the liver)  and the metabolites are excreted in the urine.Some medications may affect the gross appearance  of the  urine . The urine may appear darker or may have a characteristic smell. With regards to your medications and the whitish particles in your urine, we can not really tell at this point. One thing to consider is that,the white particles may be  contaminants from the toilet bowl. To objectively assess the cause, a urinalysis may be able to help.

Continue to observe your urine's character.I know this concerns you but with no other associated symptoms this may not be a cause of alarm.