Urology Expert Forum
microhematuria
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

microhematuria

For the past 18months I have had microhematuria in my urine.  I had a cystoscopy and 2 IVP's last year, all normal.  I do have a renal cyst, which went from simple to Bosniak type II.  I had a renal ultrasound that determined that.  My urologist says its nothing to worry about and that we will keep an eye on it.  He says he checked his 3 "C's cancer, cancer, and cancer. He says thats all that matters. He said it could come from anywhere, the cyst may cause it or it may come from a bleeding vein.  My last urine test showed a moderate amount of blood, small leuk est which showed negative, WBC/HPF showed 6-10 and a trace of bacteria.  I have had many tests that come back showing infection this year but when my urologist took urine directly from my bladder and tested it, he said no for bacteria.  He said something must be contaminating it.  I just don't understand.  I do have endometriosis and scar adhesions that I have been dealing with. I also had lumbar pain that started at the same time this did.  I have had several feminine surgeries to remove all of my feminine organs.  So I don't know whats going on.  So my questions I guess are, could this hematuria be caused by my cyst?  Could this be caused by some damage or injury I had in my lumbar area?  Should I get a 2nd opinion? I did have kidney stones back in 96 that were removed by lithrotripsey.  thanks