Urology Expert Forum
mucus like gelatin substance in urine???
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

mucus like gelatin substance in urine???

Hx:  Here goes.  I'm a nurse at a local hospital near me.  Did a kidney stone, and a cystoscopy was performed and the stone was lasered.  After that happened I developed the lovely Klebsiella bacteria.  Was treated with antibiotics but it came back, so 4 more cystoscopy procedures to try to get the stones.  Infection was persistent. Dr.'s there gave up.  I listened to one of the Dr.'s who said quietly to get out and go to a bigger hospital.  So, I found an ID dr. and Klebsiella free for 2 mo.'s so far.  I thought it was back because UTI symptoms were present (pain after urinating and even sitting).  Has urinalysis and C&S done, came back with a different bacteria.  Treated with ceftin for 2 weeks.  had another urinalysis and C&S b/c symptoms still there and it was negative.  I noticed when I urinate there is a gelatin-like/mucus substance in my urine.  I noticed that the pain is there and then after I pass that it helps alot.  I noticed this substance after one of the cystoscopy's, but I just got crazy looks.  I'm hoping for any help so I can give the Dr.'s maybe an idea of which route to look into.  I have even been afraid to have intercourse w/ my husband b/c I'm afraid that it will make the symptoms worse.  Sometimes I think it does, but it's probably just a coincidence.  I'm going in for another cystoscopy to try to get rid of all the stones.  Thank you for any help.