Urology Expert Forum
my frenulum is half broken!

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

my frenulum is half broken!

: I was searching the web the whole afternoon before finding this site.
  : I am really having a problem here and I need immediate help.  About 2 days ago
  : I was having sex with my girlfriend, her and I had never had sex WITHOUT
  : a condom, so we finally decided to try that.  When my penis went in, i felt a snap
  : and when I took it out, half of my frenulum was broken and my penis started to bleed.
  : Today its still bleeding, it doesn't hurt that much but i don't know if it will heal or not
  : I don't know if I need to have my frenulum completely removed.
  : And I also don't know if it is something serious that I should deal with as soon as possible.
  :
  : Please lemme know how serious this is and if my penis will
  : ever be normal again.
  : Thank you so much
  : Joe

_
Dear Dave and Joe,
The "frenulum" refers to the band of tissue that lies between the penile shaft skin and the head of the penis (glans (glands) penis) on the underside of the penis.  This area is sensitive and can redily bleed as it has a rich blood supply.  Sometimes during circumcision this band of tissue is cut.  If it remains in circumcised or uncircumcised men it is susceptible to tearing as you have described.
Local wound care (cleaning and topical antibiotic) are indicated. It may heal with scar tissue and shorten causing a painful tethering effect especially in the erect state.  If this occurs surgical intervention may prove beneficial.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult  your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available through our department at the Henry Ford Hospital  and its suburban locations (I-800-653-6568).
Sincerely;
HFHS M.D.-CK
  * Keyword: frenulum

1 Comment
A related discussion, frenulum halfbroken was started.