Urology Community
nephrostomy tubes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

nephrostomy tubes

I am an ovarian cancer patient.  My right ureter is blocked causing hydronephrosis to that kidney.  Left one works fine.  Since chemo can damage kidneys, my oncologist may be recommending a nephrostomy.  Sounds scary to me - any insights will be appreciated.
      Thanks for writing in. There are two modes of treatment for blocked ureters. Temporary mode consists of stent placement and nephrostomy diversion. And the permanent mode of treatment comprises of bypassing the block to the bladder.

I would suggest that you consult your urologist and depending upon the severity of blockage of the ureters appropriate treatment can be taken.
Best.