Urology Community
non-retracting foreskin in adult male

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

non-retracting foreskin in adult male

My fiance is 36 and is not circumcised.   When he has an erection, his foreskin does not retract to expose the glans (glands).  He says it's painful to retract the skin and his glans (glands) is obviously very, very sensitive underneath because if the skin comes even close to pulling back to expose the head, he jumps and pulls the skin back over it.  The skin seems to glide just fine - no adhesions or anything like that - it's just that the prepuce is very small and tight and too small to go over the head with any sort of comfort.  He says he HAS retracted it before, but it was painful and hard to pull back into place, and he was scared it would get stuck behind the ridge.

I've had other uncircumcised boyfriends in the past and they were all able to pull the foreskin back to expose the glans (glands) entirely, so this seems unusual to me.  However, it's not caused even a slight problem with our sex life, and he says he's never had an issue with it ever, so I'm mostly ready to chalk it up to different body types.   However, in doing some reading earlier, it seems to be very rare for this to happen and I wondered if there was any cause for concern.  Could this be unhealthy for him?  I never notice any hygiene issues, but I do worry that he could have some side effects from it later in life.

Thanks!
Hi MY PARTNER HAS THE SAME ISSUE AND IS WORKING ON HVING IT CURCUMSIZED HE CANT EVEN PULL IT IOVER THE HEAD WHEN HE IS HARD ,HE HAS TO WAIT TILL HE IS SOFT TO CLEAN IT ITS NOW STARTING TO HURT HIM PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED IN ANYTHING THAT YOU AND YOUR PARTNER DECIDE TO DO