not urinating and cyst on kidney
I have been going to the doctor for some time now complaining of infrequent urination.  Blood test were done and creatine came back fine.  On a few spot urinalysis traces of blood were found in urine but doctors said it was minor and is ok.  I since bought myself some urine strips and again from time to time blood shows and also glucose.

Recently I had an ultrasound and this was the finding:

Left kidney has a s echogenic focus within the midpole medullary region measuring 6.3 x 6.6 mm in diameter without clearly acoustic shadowing.  Most likely representative of an angiomyolipoma.

On top of this a large partially thick walled seperated cyst measuring 4.8x2.9x2.4cm in diameter with possible internal hemorrachage present on my left ovary.

Question:

Is it possible the cyst on my ovairy is actually cancer and has spread to my kidney.  What do you reccommend I do for followup?  The doctors don't seem to believe me about the infrequent urination because my creatine number is at 60.

Thanks.
If cancer is suspected, the ultrasound would have made a comment.  If it continues to be a concern, an MRI can be considered for a more definitive diagnosis.

Many cysts can be observed and do not require further treatment.

If the blood in the urine continues, you can consider a cystoscopy to evaluate for lower GU tract abnormalities, or bladder lesions.

I would discuss these options in conjunction with a urology referral.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Urologists in your area?