Urology Expert Forum
not urinating and cyst on kidney

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

not urinating and cyst on kidney

I have been going to the doctor for some time now complaining of infrequent urination.  Blood test were done and creatine came back fine.  On a few spot urinalysis traces of blood were found in urine but doctors said it was minor and is ok.  I since bought myself some urine strips and again from time to time blood shows and also glucose.

Recently I had an ultrasound and this was the finding:

Left kidney has a s echogenic focus within the midpole medullary region measuring 6.3 x 6.6 mm in diameter without clearly acoustic shadowing.  Most likely representative of an angiomyolipoma.

On top of this a large partially thick walled seperated cyst measuring 4.8x2.9x2.4cm in diameter with possible internal hemorrachage present on my left ovary.

Question:

Is it possible the cyst on my ovairy is actually cancer and has spread to my kidney.  What do you reccommend I do for followup?  The doctors don't seem to believe me about the infrequent urination because my creatine number is at 60.

Thanks.
If cancer is suspected, the ultrasound would have made a comment.  If it continues to be a concern, an MRI can be considered for a more definitive diagnosis.

Many cysts can be observed and do not require further treatment.

If the blood in the urine continues, you can consider a cystoscopy to evaluate for lower GU tract abnormalities, or bladder lesions.

I would discuss these options in conjunction with a urology referral.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_